Tuesday 16 July 2013

Recipe - Oh So Simple Banana Muffins

I'm no great cook.  Infact, I wouldn't even go as far to say I enjoy cooking.  Its something that involves patience, which is not something I am blessed with.

I do however, enjoy baking cakes with my children and hell, if I can incorporate some sort of fruit or veg into baking all the better as my oldest is what we call a "fruit dodger" in that she dodges anything that resembles, smells like or looks like a piece of fruit.

These quickly became a family favourite because a) they are simple and b) they are YUMM-MEEE!!  What else do you need from a muffin recipe, right??  These are perfect after school snacks, lunch box snacks, anytime snacks really!  




Ingredients

Makes 4 large or 8 mini muffins

1 large over ripe banana
40g soft brown sugar
2 tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
1 small egg
65ml milk
100g self-raising flour

1. Pre-heat the oven to 190c/375F/Gas Mark 5.
2. Peel and mash the banana in a bowl using the back of a fork.
3. Mix in the sugar and oil.
4. Crack the egg into the bowl and pour in the milk.  Stir it all with spoon.
5. Pour in the flour to the wet ingredients and fold in well.
6. Spoon the mixture into your cases until they're almost full.  If you're using silicon moulds spray with a little oil spray so they don't stick.
7. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes.

Eat and enjoy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment